During math today, Grade 6s worked through a review package to help prepare them for the unit test they will be writing on Thursday, September 21st. The challenge was to complete half the review today, i.e. questions 1 - 13. Students are bringing the review work home. Any incomplete or incorrect work must be complete for homework. We will work on the remainder of the review package in class tomorrow.
International Day is an annual event at SJA where each class learns about one country in the world. The 6s were challenged to choose a country they know little to nothing about. Our class has chosen Djibouti. Today we discussed what we will research and how the research will be presented. Students teamed up to work on their chosen research topic in class today.
During our inquiry time, students investigated series and parallel circuits. They built these circuits and observed how this affected the lamps in the circuits. They answered questions about the different circuits. Students will be writing a test on electricity concepts on Monday, September 25th.
Grade 6s attended French, gym, and music class today.
Students should be working on their IB Learner Profile poster and be ready to present these on their scheduled date. Will will be presenting tomorrow.
Homework and Reminders
· Math review Q. 1 – 13 need to be completed and corrected. Math test will take place on Sept. 21
· Memorise multiplication doubles up to 15 x 15
· IB Learner Profile Posters
· Return the signed last page of the student handbook if you haven’t already done this
· Read for 20 minutes
· Thurs, Sept. 21 – Math Test
· Mon., Sept. 25 – Electricity Test
· Fri., Sept. 29 – Orange Shirt Day.