In today’s math class, the Grade 6s continued working on their new math unit - geometry. Today’s lesson was about constructing figures such as triangles, parallelograms, and trapezoids using rulers, compasses, and protractors. Today’s was a tricky lesson. We did not cover two lessons as we planned, instead everyone took extra time to practice these skills. Students are asked to complete the practice work on p. 38 – 39 of their MMS 6 Practice Books. They should also correct yesterday’s homework. Students are coming home with their Whole Numbers unit test. Please take time to review this test with your child, sign it, and return it to school tomorrow.
We continued working on our Djibouti International Day project,
During our inquiry time, students read about magnets, electricity, and electromagnets. We will need devices for tomorrow’s electricity lesson.
Grade 6s attended music class today.
Students should be working on their IB Learner Profile poster and be ready to present these on their scheduled date. Celeste will be presenting tomorrow.
Due to the heat advisory, the Terry Fox Run took place inside. Thank you to all the Grade 6s for having a great attitude during your participation and for all the money we raised. Ms. Jans said that we raised $600.
The Welcome BBQ takes place on Monday, October 2nd. Forms are due tomorrow. Please remember to return your forms.
Some of our PYP classes will be hosting a bake sale tomorrow. Please bring about $2 if you would like to participate in the bake sale.
Homework and Reminders
· MMS 6 p. 38 – 39
· Math test: review, sign, and return
· Devices needed for tomorrow’s electricity class
· Email me your Djibouti research/facts
· Print and bring a large (A4) colour picture to represent your Djibouti research/facts
· Welcome BBQ – Please return forms and payment if you will be attending
· IB Learner Profile Posters
· Return the signed last page of the student handbook if you haven’t already done this
· Read for 20 minutes
· Wed., Sept. 27 – Casual Day, Bake Sale
· Fri., Sept. 29 – Orange Shirt Day.
· Mon. Oct. 2 – Golf Trip ( 9 am – 12 pm, wear gym uniform), Welcome BBQ (4 pm – 5:30 pm)
· Thurs., Oct. 5 – International Day
· Fri., Oct. 6 – P.D. – No school for students