Grade 6s continued practicing patterning in math today. Students who completed the practice work went on to begin their review work to prepare for Monday’s unit test. All workbooks are coming home today. Students should catch up and correct any work we have covered in class so far in the MMS 6 & 7 books. Students should complete MMS 7 p. 16 – 17 for homework if they did not get done in class. Students should complete review questions 1 – 7 if they did not get done in class today. The unit test will take place on Monday, October 23rd.
We continued working on our City of Ember novel study. Students met in their literature circle groups and discussed the eighth chapter using their assigned roles. Once discussions were completed, students were assigned a new literature circle role for the ninth chapter. Students used class time to read Chapter 9. While they read they worked on their role response and also worked on completing their graphic organiser. Students who did not complete this in class are to complete it for homework. We will have literature circle discussions again tomorrow. It is important that each group member complete the reading and their response for the daily group discussions.
During our inquiry time, students presented their slideshow presentations on their chosen type of electrical generation station.
Students continued working on their science fair projects by building their car prototypes. A few more students were ready to test their cars today.
Grade 6s attended French and gym class today.
Homework and Reminders
o MMS 7 p. 16 – 17
o Review Package questions 1 – 7 are due tomorrow
o Number Patterns unit test on Monday, October 23rd.
· Science Fair: Collect any materials you may need for your car construction
· Devices needed for tomorrow’s electricity lesson to present slideshows
· Novel Study: Chapter 9 & Reading Response due tomorrow
· Mon., Oct., 23 – Number Patterns unit test
· Tues., Oct. 24 – Bake Sale
· Wed., Oct. 25 – Casual Day, Bake Sale
· Thurs., Oct. 26 – Picture Day
· Tues., Oct. 31 – Spirit Day: Harvest/Halloween Dress Up
· Mon., Nov. 20 – Curling trip
· Dec. 1st – Curling trip