Our day started with an assembly where a lot happened. Well done to Kian for winning the Communicator Award in our class. Well done to Rishaan, Adiyah, and Lucas for winning the first, second, and third place medals for science fair in Grade 6. Three students who brought in toys for the toy drive got to pie Peel police officers. Students voted on the teacher with the ugliest sweater. The houses went up against each other in a game of Christmas Trivia which Theta won. And finally, we heard that Zeta is leading the race for the house cup.
Once in class, students who had not completed their novel study summaries and Haida art project worked to complete these. The remainder of the day was used by students to enjoy each other’s company and a viewing of Tuck Everlasting the movie. This was well deserved after a lot of hard work so far this year.
Students attended gym time today.
There is no homework assigned over the break. We will get back to hard work in January when we begin our OWAs on persuasive writing and then apply this learning to the persuasive speech competition.
For those who have time, I would like to suggest that you visit the Viking Exhibit at the ROM over the break. We will be learning about Viking explorers that reached North America when school resumes in January.
Thank you for so many generous gifts. I felt truly spoilt this year.
Merry Christmas to those who celebrate and a wonderful time to all over the holiday.
Homework and Reminders
· Friday, December 22nd – No School!
· Wednesday, January 10th – Back to School
· Wednesday, January 24th – Ski Trip
· Wednesday, January 31st – Casual Day
· Friday, February 9th – Oral Competition
· Monday, February 12th – Trip to Canadian Warplane Museum
· Tuesday, February 13th – Pancake Tuesday
· Wednesday, February 14th – Spirit Day: Valentine’s Dress up
· Thursday, February 15th – SJA v TMA Oral Competition
· Friday, February 16th – PD Day, no school for students
· Monday, February 19th – Family Day – no school
· Thursday, February 22nd – Anti-Bullying Day
· Friday, February 23rd – Skiing Trip
· Wednesday, February 28th – Casual Day
· March 5 – March 9: Spirit Week
· Friday, March 9th – Skiing trip