We did not have a math lesson today, as we worked on completing our Term 3 reading assessments. I met with each student to discuss the areas of strength and areas that need improvement for goal setting, fluency, and comprehension, Students then worked on their reading surveys, goal setting, out-loud reading, and written components. Almost everyone completed the work in class today. Students that got done worked on their POWTOONS. We will continue working on POWTOONS tomorrow. Devices are needed for this.
We enjoyed the Christmas concert put on by the students from our sister school, Oakwood Academy.
We had novel study time at the end of the day where we discussed Chapters 13, 14, & 15 as a class. Students have been assigned to complete Chapters 16 & 17 and the responses on p. 43 – 47. This work is due tomorrow.
Our costume for the concert is: a Santa hat, long pants, boots, 4 small bells to attach to boots, colourful beach toys/towels, colourful summer t-shirt/short-sleeved shirt.
Grade 6s attended French and gym class today.
Homework and Reminders
· Thursday, December 14th
o Novel Study: Read Chapter 16 & 17 of Tuck Everlasting and complete the responses on p. 43 – 47 for tomorrow
o Devices are needed for the POWTOON project
o Start putting your Christmas concert outfit together
· Monday, December 18th – Grade 6s on trip to Crawford Lake
· Tuesday, December 19th – Casual Day
· Wednesday, December 20th – Grade 3 – Grade 8 Christmas Concert at 2 pm and 7 pm, Bake sale
· Thursday, December 21st – Spirit Day: Christmas Dress Up Day (Green, Red, White)
· Friday, December 22nd – No School!
· Wednesday, January 10th – Back to School