Ms. Hope and Ms. Carm hosted an autism information session for Grade 3 – 6 students directly after this morning’s assembly. This information was very beneficial in helping us to better understand autism.
Theta hosted today’s spirit day house game. Representatives from houses battled each other in a game of stomp the balloon. The winners were identical to yesterday. Well done to Zeta for taking first place, Kappa for second place, and Theta for third place.
In math, students worked on their fractions and percents unit test.
We then worked on our flight summative task. Students that hadn’t already completed their procedure, worked to complete this. They then prepared their data charts and built and prepared all their planes. At the end of the day we went outside to test our planes as the auditorium was not available for us to use. It was very cold and windy making this a difficult and uncomfortable task. We came in early and enjoyed reading Roald Dahl’s ‘The Twits’ together. We will try get the testing done when we return from the tomorrow’s soccer trip.
Earlier today, students who were ready for testing ahead of time worked on the paper basket for their hot air balloon. Students are asked to get as far as they can independently at home and to return their baskets to school tomorrow.
This week is Spirit Week. Students are asked to come dressed in casual clothes for the soccer trip or something unusual for Whacky Wednesday.
Ms. Roe-Etter will be presenting an information session on the Diploma Programme (DP), this Thursday, March 8th at 7 pm.
Homework and Reminders
· Do as much work as you can on your paper basket. Remember to return these to school tomorrow.
· Flight Duo-tangs and planes are needed for testing tomorrow
· March 5 – March 9: Spirit Week
o Monday - PJ Day
o Tuesday - Superhero/Princess Day
o Wednesday - Whacky Wednesday
o Thursday - Sports Day
o Friday - St. Patrick’s Day
· Wednesday, March 7 – U20 Soccer Trip – We leave at 9 am and should be back at about 12:45 pm. Students should bring a snack with on that day. We will eat lunch when we return to school
· Thursday, March 8 – DP Information Session at 7 pm
· Friday, March 9th – Skiing trip. Students should arrive between 6:30 – 6:45 am. The bus leaves the school at 7 am. We expect to arrive back at the school at 4 pm.
· March 12 – March 25: March Break
· March 26 – Back to School
· March 27 – Sibling & Grad pictures
· March 28 – Casual Day
· March 29 – Term 2 Report Cards, Autism Awareness Day, Silent Dance
· March 30 – Good Friday – No school