Our day began with a spirit day house game. Representatives from houses went up against each other in our cookies, milk, and a nap game. Well done to Zeta for taking first place, Kappa for second place, and Theta for third place.
In math, students worked through a review package to help prepare them for tomorrow’s unit test on fractions and percents. Review packages are coming home today. Students are reminded to go over problems where they need to find the 1% in order to find the 100% as this was not included in the review but will be on the test. Incomplete reviews need to be completed at home. Anyone needing further help should come to school earlier tomorrow, 8 am, to receive additional support before the test.
We visited the Grade 10 Personal Project Presentations today. Then at the end of the day we began discussing the Grade 6 Exhibition. Ask your child to tell you about this discussion.
This week is Spirit Week. Students are asked to come dressed as a superhero or princess tomorrow.
Ms. Roe-Etter will be presenting an information session on the Diploma Programme (DP), this Thursday, March 8th at 7 pm.
Homework and Reminders
· Complete your procedure if you did not complete this in class today
· Make your paper plane templates if you are able to do this at home
· Math 7 – Complete the review package if you did not get done in class
· March 5 – March 9: Spirit Week
o Monday - PJ Day
o Tuesday - Superhero/Princess Day
o Wednesday - Whacky Wednesday
o Thursday - Sports Day
o Friday - St. Patrick’s Day
· Wednesday, March 7 – U20 Soccer Trip – We leave at 9 am and should be back at about 12:45 pm. Students should bring a snack with on that day. We will eat lunch when we return to school
· Thursday, March 8 – DP Information Session at 7 pm
· Friday, March 9th – Skiing trip. Students should arrive between 6:30 – 6:45 am. The bus leaves the school at 7 am. We expect to arrive back at the school at 4 pm.
· March 12 – March 25: March Break
· March 26 – Back to School
· March 27 – Sibling & Grad pictures
· March 28 – Casual Day
· March 29 – Term 2 Report Cards, Autism Awareness Day, Silent Dance
· March 30 – Good Friday – No school